Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thanksgiving Week Wrap Up

Oh boy did Hubby and I had a wonderfully relaxing week away! It had been a very long time since we went away, just the two of us.

Let's see...where did I leave off? Thanksgiving Day. We fixed a yummy little feast for ourselves. We were able to find two turkey thighs and half of a turkey breast to roast. Just right for the two of us. I even found some raisins to add to my helping of stuffing. (My mom's recipe for stuffing had raisins -- I love it, Hubby does not.)



After we ate our meal, we grabbed a couple of beach towels and we out to sit on the beach to watch the sun go down. We had to walk a couple of houses down to get to the beach since hurricane Matthew did a number on the walkway from the house to the beach.


It was a beautiful evening and I may have snapped a picture or eight of the sunset.



But I'll only post two.
See the flock of pelicans?

While we sat on the beach we talked about the things we were thankful for in the past year. We are both thankful for a good marriage and our kids and grandkids.

We finished off the week knocking out a bunch of Netflix shows. We watched The Crown and Gilmore Girls and a few movies. I have officially become a fan of Netflix.

We went back and forth about coming home on Saturday or Sunday. Saturday finally won.

Sunday we went to church. We love the preaching. So Biblical and relevant and not fluff. We are slowly becoming friends with a couple that is a lot closer to our age than the majority of the people in the church.

After lunch, actually brunch at a nice restaurant downtown, we braved the car dealership lots. We are looking to buy a new car to replace mine that has 211,000ish miles on it and is starting to have problems that cost too much to want to spend. We were just going to look to see if they had the 2017 models out thinking the dealerships were closed. Turns out they were open so we took a couple of cars for a test drive.

(Why are cars such a pain to buy? So much blah, blah, blah from the sales people.)

We did manage to decide which car we want to buy, so that's a good thing. Next up: Negotiating. Yippee.

Today I am thankful for...

...Community Bible Study tonight
...grocery delivery to my front door (!)
...our week away
...clean laundry
...my son

No comments:

Post a Comment