1. What do/did you call your grandparents? If it's something unusual tell us the story behind the name. If you're a grandparent what do your grands call you? Who chose your moniker?
When I was a kid I called my grandparents just plain old 'Grandma' and 'Grandpa'. To differentiate between the maternal and paternal I would add their surname. When I was a teenager I started calling one of my grandfathers 'Gramps'. No story behind that other than it I adored my Gramps.
Before we knew we were going to be grandparents, Hubby and I decided we wanted to be called 'Grammy' and 'Pops'. Our sweet granddaughter is almost 2 and has said something like 'Pop' for several months. 'Grammy' has been a little tougher for her to say, but the last time we video chatted I heard her say something pretty close! I am super excited about that! Hearing that sweet little voice say 'Grammy' is like nothing else and melts my heart more than I expected.
2. Ever taken a road trip along the California Coast? If so what was the highlight of your trek? If not, any desire to do so? If you were to take a trip along the California Coast what's one attraction you'd have on your must-see list?
The only parts of California I have been to are Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco. Someday I would love to drive down Highway 1 along the coast.
3. What are three things you don't know how to do?
I don't know how to do English Paper Piecing. (It's a quilting thing.) I would like to learn.
I don't know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich without burning one side of it.
I don't know how to knit. I would like to learn someday.
I think celebrating something a person wants to see more of is probably a positive way to give positive feedback/reinforcement and the makes or allows for that something to happen more. I wish I had a specific example, but I don't.
5. Thursday (February 16) is National Almond Day. Do you like almonds? Which would you prefer-an Almond Joy or a macaron? What's something you make that calls for almonds?
Yes, I like almonds. I would prefer an Almond Joy (because, chocolate) to a macaron, but to be fair, I've never had a macaron. (I had to look it up.) I make Spritz cookies which have almond extract in them. I have also made something called Almond Filled Cookie Cake only a few times. My mom loved it so much she started making it and she and other family members have made it way more than I ever did.
6. What does Saturday morning look like at your house?
Saturday morning doesn't look much different other than Hubby is here. He usually is up early and out for a run before I wake up. Breakfast is fend for yourselves 99% of the time.
7. Share with us a favorite book you've read this winter.
The Aviator's Wife, by Melanie Benjamin. It's about Charles Lindbergh's wife. I found it fascinating.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A goal I have for myself this year is to memorize two Bible verses a month. This month's verses are from Pslam 103:11-12: For as High as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far He has removed our transgressions from us.
It is good to be reminded of God's love for me. I will think about this verse the next time I am on an airplane. The vastness of the heavens and the earth are so much more apparent from an airplane.