Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A Wednesday in The Upstate

Today was a good day here in South Carolina. It was a lovely 82 degrees with low humidity. Kinda warm, but pleasant. I despise wearing sock and real shoes, so I love that I can get away with that for the majority of the year here. Now if I can just remember to pack socks when we travel back to the Midwest to see our kids.

My afternoon was spent wandering around Costco. Years ago we had a membership at Sam's Club. I let that lapse mostly because it was 60 miles away. Costco is only 13 miles away. I like that and I like that the quality of the food seems to be better than Sam's Club. Today I walked up and down almost every aisle just to see what was there. Best find of the day? Cinnamon sticks that were $1 cheaper and three times the quantity than I had seen at the grocery store. Win!

Tonight Hubby and I went out for dinner with friends. We have enjoyed dinner out with this couple several times. We never seem to run out of things to talk about. Topics covered: manufacturing, ice cream parlors, employment, building school buses, pharmacies, boating, Hurricane Matthew, grown kids, engineering degree, wrestling.... well, you get the idea.  Tonight's dining adventure was at a Peruvian restaurant. Good food. I especially enjoyed the plantains.

I'm wrapping up the day watching Game 7 of the World Series. (Go Cubs!) I have a chicken in the crockpot that needs to be taken out (with another one to go in tomorrow). I thought I'd have a load of towels to fold, but sweet Hubby took care of that for me.

I'm thankful for...

...friends to go out to eat with
...new pictures of my grandkids that my son posted (brought tears to my eyes)
...beautiful weather
...a view of the mountains on our way to dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment