Thursday, November 3, 2016

A Porch, A Skillet and A Freezer


Today was a stay-at-home-and-putter-around-the-kitchen kind of day.

I randomly decided to cook up a package of bacon for lunch that I've had in the fridge for a while. I hate how the smell of bacon can linger in the house for days so I devised a way to cook it on the grill --- in a big cast iron skillet! Works like a charm! Nice and crispy and the smell stays outside! Oh, and I only ate three pieces for lunch -- not the whole package!


I wanted to have asparagus for lunch, so I got out my steamer pot. There's an insert with holes in the bottom that sets on top of this pot of boiling water. I need to mention how much I am loving the new cook-top we had put in last year. It's induction and does so many cool things like boil water FAST! This pot is a 5 quart size I had it about half full. It took 3 minutes and 45 seconds to come to a roiling boil. Awesome!

I also cooked another chicken in the crockpot, deboned two chickens and cooked the bones and skin some more for broth. I'm all ready to make some homemade chicken noodle soup this winter.

Some days around here are kinda mundane.

Today I am thankful for...

...a screened in porch to sit in during these lovely fall days
...supper on the screened in porch with longer time to sit and talk with Hubby
...makings for chicken soup in the freezer
...mundane days

No comments:

Post a Comment