Monday, November 7, 2016

Monday, Monday

Yikes! I almost forgot to write a post today! I was just about to shut down my laptop and head to bed. But fortunately I remembered, so a little recap for today.

Today was a pretty low-key day around the house, yet I felt the need to write myself a to-do list. Laundry, finish my Bible study for tonight, send an email to some friends (trying to plan a weekend away with them), and pick up my new glasses. Not a big list, but I had a feeling if I hadn't written it down, I would have forgotten something.  I almost added to my list: make egg salad for lunch. One of those days. Monday.

I picked up two pairs of glasses today. I got new lenses for the glasses I wear every day and I got a pair of glasses just for reading. I like to read in bed at night and my regular glasses with bifocals don't work when I lay on my side and the drug-store variety don't work so well for me. I asked for the cheapest frames, was shown probably 50 to choose from and this is what I chose:

Cool, huh? The name it is "Pizzazz"  I really didn't care what they looked like and I thought these were kinda fun for reading at night. They are basically opposite of what I wear everyday. Those glasses are frame-less and as inconspicuous as possible.

Tonight Hubby and I went to our weekly Bible study. We sung a hymn before we started and I was struck with these lyrics:

What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Today I am thankful for...
...new glasses to see better with
...scallops for supper
...Jesus' blood that changes everything for me

No comments:

Post a Comment