Wednesday, May 25, 2016

March and May Visits

Time for some cuteness here the the ole blog....


This sweet, little girl came to visit us in March. And she brought her mom and dad along!

I remember telling Hubby several years ago that I wanted a blue-eyed grand-baby. Just look at those eyes! They melt my heart so easily.

 She loved my spaghetti. I love those orange cheeks.


We got her this cute tent from IKEA. It's really not very big, but can you see her mommy in there? (Her daddy was in there at one time, too.) They all had fun with it. 



 The tent will make another appearance on another visit. I hope that Lydia and her new little brother or sister (due in December!!) will have a lot of fun playing in the tent.

The five of us drove up to Asheville, NC for a day and toured the Biltmore Estate.  Hubby and I had fun playing with Lydia on the lawn while her parents explored the gardens.



Lydia got her first skinned knee while she was visiting us. Her mommy seemed to always have skinned knees when she was little.



 Hubby had meetings in Minnesota earlier this month, so of course I tagged along so we could make a side trip to see Lydia and her mom and dad. See the dress she is wearing? My mom made it for me when I was a little girl. The hand-prints are tracings of my hands. My daughter wore this dress and I love that now my granddaughter can wear it.



Lydia loves to play with her blocks. Just look at this stack! Quite awesome for a 14 month old. Her mommy loved to do things like that, too.


I am always amazed with how much I love this little girl. How fun it has been to watch her grow. Each time we get to spend time with her I like to see how she has changed since we saw her last. By the end of the year she will have a new baby brother or sister and a new cousin (boy)! I can hardly grasp that I will have three grandchildren.

I told my hubby the other night that sometimes it seems like the first 25 years of our marriage and raising our children zoomed by so quickly. And now we are into the grand-parenting stage.

And thus the name of this blog...

Ampersand &




1 comment:

  1. There is nothing like being a grandparent, is there? Your little sweetheart is a doll!

    ReplyDelete