Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Weekend Review

A couple of posts ago I wrote that we were headed to the coast to my sister and brother-in-law's beach house  for Valentine's weekend. It turned out to be a very relaxing weekend and I'm so glad we went. We need to find a much better route, though. The last two hours of winding around on what seemed like back roads just was no fun. GPS was acting weird for us for some reason. When I entered the address of the beach house, it randomly changed it to a different address a mile on down the road. Frustrating.

Anyway.... I promised pictures:::



The view from the bedroom.

The house from the beach side. There is a pool at the bottom of the stairs that you can't see in this picture.




 When we have been there in the past, there have been over twenty family members there. The dining room, kitchen never looked like this:



The living room only had my Hubby (& me) in it. Notice the quilt hanging over the ottoman in the picture below. I never leave home without it. ha. I never had a security blanket when I was little, so I thought I should as a grown-up. I actually used it to snuggle under while we watched movies. It was chilly at the beach.

We enjoyed the quietness of  the weekend.

Saturday night we went for a walk on the beach as the sun was setting. It was romantic, but we didn't last long as it was super windy and quite chilly. I did manage a couple of shots of the seagulls and the sunset.



I admit to running at the seagulls to scare them into flight. ha. It gave Hubby a good laugh.



We even made an attempt at a selfie. We tried to get the sunset in the background, but obviously failed. You can tell by my hair that the wind was strong. I thought it was better to face this way rather than have the wind plaster my hair back. ha. Selfies are not for the faint of heart.



Me and my Valentine. He's been my Valentine for 32 years.

This beautiful piece of artwork hanging in the living room was made by my dad's friend, Pat. Pat and his family spent a week at the beach house last summer and this was his thanks to my sister and brother-in-law. Isn't it just stunning? What a talent!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the weekend update. Glad you had a chance to go. Now I'm waiting to hear how the weather has treated you on your return home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your getaway ... even a chilly, windy day at the beach is to be enjoyed. That artwork is spectacular, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete