Wednesday, February 11, 2015

In Limbo

Life lately has sorta been just hanging around in limbo here in South Carolina. We have a contingency contract on a house and are waiting for some details to get ironed out. If it all works out, then we close on the house March 19. That means another month of apartment life. If that doesn't scream limbo, then I don't know what does.

We continue to search for a church. Last week we managed to stumble into a church that was a bit lot too charismatic for us. When some of the people let out a scream or two during a worship song, we cringed. That came after the flag dancing and the announcement about prayer training in "Authority and Healing". We slipped out the back because we knew it wasn't for us. I guess you don't know what a church is like until you walk through the doors. God created all sorts of people.

A couple of weeks ago I was thinking about what we should do for Valentine's Day and realized it came on a weekend and said to Hubby, "Want to go to the ocean for Valentine's weekend?" We both kinda giggled at the thought. It is so foreign for these life-long Mid-westerners to think that we can drive 3-4 hours and be at the Atlantic Ocean. Crazy! So we are off to Holden Beach, NC. Why there? My sister and brother-in-law have a house on the beach there and no one is using it right now. I know just the two of us will rattle around in that seven bedroom house, but we'll enjoy the view of the ocean! I'll make sure to take same pictures.

Speaking of pictures, Hubby says I need to post more pictures on here. He's right, of course, but I have gotten myself out of the habit of thinking about taking pictures for the purpose of blogging. I'm working on it, though.  Can I photograph almost 70 degree days in February? I wish I could. I'm just so glad to not have snow outside my door to photograph. So glad!

Well, that's the sparse news from Lake Wobegon. (Can I say that if I don't live in Minnesota anymore?)

2 comments:

  1. Oh to be a mere 3-4 hours from the beach ... enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one lucky lady to be living so close to the ocean...I'd love that! No snow here in GA...and I hope it stays that way!

    ReplyDelete