1. American Idol is back for a 14th season. Are you watching? Have you ever watched? If you were to audition for the show (or were made to audition), what song would you sing?
Nope, not watching this season. I don't think I have ever watched a whole season. I have only caught a few shows here and there. For some reason it has never held my interest. The first song that popped into my mind that I would sing for an audition (if I had to) was "Where is Love" from the musical "Oliver". I sang "Where is Love" when I was in high school to audition for the Swing Choir my junior and senior year. I made it both years, so reviving that song would make sense, of course.
2. Mark Twain is quoted as saying, "If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first." So when did you last have to 'eat a frog'? Or two? How'd that work out?
Less than a week after moving to South Carolina, Hubby and I went to an evening Community Bible Study together. We have never stepped out to do something like that so quickly after a move. Kinda a Big Frog step for us. We'll continue to go for the rest of the semester and hope to meet people through that. (And study God's Word, of course.)
I know my hubby would say he would want to see a cheetah. He's a runner and he loves the speed and sleekness of cheetahs. I think I would like to see a hippopotamus. Funky animals.
4. January 21st is National Granola Bar Day. I know. Do you like granola bars? Chewy or crunchy? Your favorite flavor? How about regular granola? Let's exhaust this topic in honor of the holiday okay?
I love Granola. I could take or leave Granola Bars. (I know that's not very exhaustive, but that's all I got.)
5. If only... the decision of which house to buy would come more easily. There are currently four houses we kind of like, but there are significant pros and cons about each one. We go this afternoon to look at them for a second time armed with a spread-sheet/check-list.
6. You can add one item to your bedroom. What will it be? Keep it family friendly please.
A comfy sitting area for reading. That's one thing on our check-list as we look for a new house.
What have I enjoyed about this winter? I have enjoyed that we got to move away from Minnesota before really severe winter hit there. "Winter" in South Carolina is so much more tolerable! I've been wandering around the apartment this week with no socks on my feet. I've also been outside with no coat or jacket. Love it!