Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Wednesay Hodgepodge

1. Setting aside the real March Madness (NCAA Basketball) describe something happening at your house this month that might earn the title 'March Madness'?
Aside from a quick weekend trip to Iowa to celebrate our granddaughter's second birthday, I can't think of anything going on this month that would qualify as 'March Madness'. I guess we have had a pretty calm month. 

2. What's a favorite made up word from your childhood or a favorite from your children's childhood? Does your family still use the word today? If there's a story behind the origin please share.
When our son was little he called Canadian Bacon, Comedian Bacon. We still call it that from time to time.
When I was little I used to call my fingers "simmer". When someone would ask me where my "simmer" was, I would look at them confused. When I was asked where my finger was I would hold up one and say, "Here's my simmer!" My family brings up that story once in a while to tease me.

3. Will you be doing any spring cleaning now that the season is upon us? I read here a list of 15 quick (under one hour) spring cleaning tasks. They were-

clean out a drawer, vacuum furniture, whiten tile grout, dust the nooks and crannies you don't get to year round, degrease kitchen cabinets, wipe down walls, go behind furniture, wipe down ceiling fans, vacuum the mattress, clean the range hood, wash baseboards, shine the stainless steel, clean out vents, tackle the windows, and wipe down gadgets

Of the fifteen 'quick' tasks listed which two most need doing at your house? Will you do them?

Let's see...windows and maybe clean out the vents. I did the vents when we moved here two years ago. The windows really need it, but I really don't want to do it. Maybe I should hire someone???

4. A favorite movie set in Paris or New York?
I've always enjoyed "You've Got Mail". It's one I have watched over and over.
For a movie set in Paris, "Les Miserables" is a favorite.

5. What's put a spring in your step this month?
I had a really good visit with my cardiologist. Some lifestyle changes I have been making are helping an arrhythmia I have. The doctor was very pleased. I did a happy dance in the hallway of the doctor's office and bought myself two dozen roses.


6. Did you ever want to be a teacher? Why or why not?
My first answer to this was No, and then I laughed after I remembered what I got a degree in. It was Child Development to teach preschool/kindergarten. When I did student teaching I realized that I didn't want to teach in part because it's a job you don't leave at work. The degree did help with raising my two kids though.

7.  What's your favorite floral scent? Do you have this somewhere in your home or maybe in a perfume?

I love the smell of roses. A number of years ago I discovered Freesia at Bath & Body Works. I bought of bouquet of freesia flowers when we lived in Singapore and they filled up the house with an amazing smell!

How do you feel about florals in food?
I had something recently that had lavender in it and I liked it. For the life of me I cannot remember what it was. Isn't that funny?
How about wines with floral notes-yay or nay?
I don't like wine.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
This sweet little granddaughter of mine is TWO years old! She had such a fun birthday party!

 The mittens Lydia has on were mine when I was a little girl. Makes me smile to see her wear them.

4 comments:

  1. Love the last pic of Lydia! What an adorable little girl! I can't believe you managed to keep BOTH mittens since your childhood. I can't manage to hold on to a pair at my age. Enjoyed your answers. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious photo of Lydia! Too cute! Lavender is one of my favorite scents...I find it very calming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like lavender in some foods. I recently had scallops in a lavender blueberry sauce and it was delicious. Your little Lydia is adorable. Happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realize that I prefer scents like vanilla, pumpkin and lemon. Bath and Body Works is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete