Thursday, March 30, 2017

Tommy's Crib Quilt

The end of February I uploaded a bunch of pictures to my blog of quilts I've made in the last several months. I'm finally getting around to writing about them and posting.

Today's quilt is the crib quilt I made for my grandson. I was told the color scheme of the nursery and gave my daughter-in-law and son some choices of a pattern. I found this pattern on Pinterest. I modified it a bit by making it smaller and leaving off the borders.


I had it quilted with a meandering star pattern.


Whenever I make a quilt for my grandchildren I like to put a label on the back that has a Bible verse. My intention is to pray the verse for the grandchild.


And of course, there has to be a label with the child's name and date of birth.



I was so excited when I found this backing fabric. The theme for the nursery is "I love you to the moon and back". Isn't this just the cutest?


I didn't get the quilt finished until after Tommy was born, so I mailed it to him.  When they received it I got this the picture from my son.

He's a goof.

This feels like an awkwardly worded post. I struggle with how to write more than 'Look! I made a quilt for my grandbaby!' and somehow make it sound interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful and loving quilt. I love the extra touches you put on it. The Sommerville grandchildren are blessed

    ReplyDelete