Tuesday, July 12, 2016

June Highlights

Oh jeepers, I've become one of those bloggers. You know, one who only writes something every couple of months. Sigh. I did not write one single blog post in the month of June. If I want to remember these years in South Carolina, I better change my habits.

Highlights of June:

*Celebrating my dad's 85th birthday with the family in North Carolina.

*Seeing a childhood friend. I recently discovered that she lives very near my parents in North Carolina! We spent so much time together in grades 6-12. Lots of walks to school, lots of time after school, there was even that one time we thought we should jog together in the evenings. ha. We hadn't seen each other for 30ish years. I hope to be able to see her again.

*Having more dentist appointments in one month than is tolerable. (I had to get a crown which meant a temporary crown and then another temporary crown to replace that one and then the permanent crown and then some adjustments to that crown. I still have periodic mild pain and am hoping that I won't have to have a root canal.) My dentist thinks I am a really funny person because I kept cracking jokes while she was digging around in my mouth. But what she doesn't know is that I was trying to be sarcastic because it kept me from crying. After one of those appointments I sat in the car and cried for 5 minutes because I felt overwhelmed. The upside of all that dental work is I felt like I needed a chocolate malt after every time my mouth was numbed. Yum.

*Throwing a dinner party for 12 people. We invited our Community Bible Study group over for a meal. We grilled and everyone else brought side dishes. It was fun to have our dining room full. We haven't had friends over like that for probably seven years.

*Finishing two quilts, one for my daughter-in-law and one for my soon-to-be grandson.

*Having a follow-up appointment with my cardiologist. I still am feeling some mild symptoms so the nurse practitioner I was seeing made me wear an event monitor. I've worn those before and I despise them. I negotiated her down to two weeks instead of four. I don't see the cardiologist about that until August. I am so ready to be done with all this health stuff.

*Flying to the Midwest the last day of June for ten days of seeing family. More on that coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment