Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Hodgepodge Wednesday

Ooooo...blogging two days in a row!
Here's this week's Hodgepodge. Click on the button and hop over to Joyce's blog to read others answers to this week's questions.


1. Do you find yourself influencing your world, or is it more the other way around?
I don't think I'm very influenced by the world around me. I tend to be a skeptic at first. But I also don't think I influence others around me. I'd have to ask my hubby what he thinks about this. He sees me more objectively than I see myself.
2. July 14th is National Tape Measure Day...the device was patented on this date in 1868. 
When did you last use a tape measure? 
I last used a tape measure about two weeks ago to measure a baby quilt I had just made. I needed to know how much binding to make.
Do you always know where to find one in your house? 
We have a retractable tape measure in the desk drawer in the kitchen. I have two or three of them in my sewing room. It can be a little bit more of a challenge to find a tape measure in my sewing room because it can get buried under some fabric or I just don't remember where I last dropped it.
Tell us one way in which you feel blessed 'beyond measure'.
Last week Hubby and I were blessed beyond measure to take care of our 16 month old granddaughter while her mommy and daddy took a vacation. We had more fun than we could have ever imagined. She is at such a fun age! She is sweet. She is adorable.
We are blessed and honored that her mommy and daddy trusted us to take care of her.
3.The Plaza Hotel, The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia), The Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh), Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), or Never Never Land (Peter Pan)...which storybook land (on this list!) would you most like to visit and why?
It's a toss up between Narnia and The Hundred Acre Wood because I love those books! Just last week we were singing the Winnie The Pooh song to our granddaughter and Hubby was reading about The Hundred Acre Wood to her. 


 4. Where and when do you get your best ideas?
Probably late at night when I can't sleep.
 
5. So what have you been watching on TV this summer? Anything good? 
I have been watching my usual... a couple of soaps. Yes, I watch soaps. No apologies. I plan on watching "The Great British Baking Show". We've been out of town and haven't been able to watch it yet but the DVR is set!
6. 'Don't swim for an hour after you eat', 'Dog days of summer', 'Knee high by the Fourth of July'...choose a summer saying from the list or share one of your own, then tell us what image or memory comes to mind when you hear it spoken.
'Knee high by the Fourth of July' doesn't really happen any more. It refers to how tall the corn has grown. Here's a picture on the 9th of July of some corn in Iowa (and a couple of my favorite people). That corn is a bit taller than knee high!


7. In a single sentence, sum up one life lesson you've learned.
Living for Christ is worth everything.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I went swimming last night in our neighborhood pool. It was such a nice night. I enjoyed the swim and hope to do a little more. I used to swim a lot when I was younger but haven't done it in years. I'm thankful we have a nearby pool we can use.

3 comments:

  1. Pam at Empty Nest just became grandmom to a beautiful little girl. She usually links up here if you want to say hi. Your grandgirl is darling and I know you enjoyed that special one on one time with her. Hope you're having a great summer. Ours has been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little granddaughter is a cutie pie...I'm sure you had such fun with her! I totally agree with #7...it's the only way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your granddaughter is so cute! That corn is really high. I am looking forward to having some good corn on the cob this summer :)

    ReplyDelete