Monday, September 7, 2015

A Weekend Trip

The last weekend of August, I flew to Minneapolis to attend a wedding. We have known the bride since she was ten years old. Her family befriended ours when we moved back to the USA from Singapore all those years ago.
It was a beautiful outdoor wedding.

It was good to catch up with old friends. The bride has five brothers and one sister. Three of the brothers are triplets and are good friends with my son. I was happy to see them and was able to have conversations with two of the three.

While the wedding was the purpose of the trip, two other things were a highlight as well.

The next evening, I was excited to meet some friends from Singapore days for supper. He works for the same company as Hubby and they went to the same university as us, although we didn't know each other then.They are so encouraging to spend time with and I love their sense of humor.  I find it kind of nice to talk with someone who understands the ins and outs of The Company. And it's refreshing to talk with someone who shares my faith. I'm afraid I enjoyed their company so much, that I kept them talking a bit too long. Oops.

The other (and the BEST) thing I got to do over the weekend was to spend time with this sweetheart:


My daughter and granddaughter drove up to Minneapolis for the wedding. I so enjoyed holding and kissing and playing with Lydia. I got to witness her crawling! She isn't quite six months old and she's been working on the crawling for a couple of weeks.

In the picture above she is wearing the dress that Hubby (aka Pops) picked out for her before she was born. Megan made the sweet headband when she was visiting us last month. The fabric for the flower is from the bridesmaid dress from my wedding. The little beads in the middle are from the table decorations from Megan and Zach's wedding.

Oh, and the third thing that was a highlight? ALL my flights were ON TIME! Unheard of!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that little Lydia isn't so little any more ... but she's as sweet and adorable as always! What a precious little one. I'm glad you got to spend time with her.

    ReplyDelete