Monday, March 9, 2015

Baby Girl Quilts: Take Three

This is the quilt that my daughter "ordered" to go in the nursery. The colors for the nursery are pale yellow, navy and gray. Such a pretty combination! The walls of the nursery are gray and the crib is white. My daughter made some pretty sheets for the crib in navy and yellow.
44" x 52"

We talked about and looked at pictures of ideas for the design of the quilt. I sketched out several possibilities and took pictures and emailed them to her for her to decide what she liked best.



Since I am not very confident in my ability to make a whole quilt with half-square-triangles, we settled on these two rows of chevrons and the rest 4 inch squares.



I found a pretty gray paisley print for the backing and used a darker gray polka dot for the binding.




I think what I like best about this quilt is the time my daughter and I spent working on it together.

All I have left to do is sew a label for it with the baby's name and birth date!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Judy. I'm back into blogging and looking forward to seeing all your quilts, baby photos, and whatever else you choose to share here.

    I also wanted to ask you & Peter (got the ampersand in there!) if you would be able to pray for us. Will email you.
    Love, Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty quilt! And I would have to agree - the best part is that you two worked on it together!

    ReplyDelete