1. Speaking of skating...when did you last 'skate on thin ice', 'skate over the details', 'encounter a cheapskate', or just plain skate?
The last time I went skating.....? Somewhere around 1996 or 1997. We went with our kids. I ended up falling and smacking my head on the ice REALLY hard and decided that was enough skating for me. I can still hear the crunch my head made against the ice. Shudder.
2. What would you say is the biggest problem of people your age?
They seem to be too busy with their lives (work, kids, grandkids, friends they've had for thirty years...) to make room for new people.
(Joyce, I am NOT including you in this comment. I have thoroughly enjoyed our lunches...besides I was the one to cancel our last date!)
3. What's your favorite accessory? Is it something you wear every day, often, or only on special occasions?
My sweet hubby bought me this pendant right before we moved away from Singapore almost 15 years ago. It was to remind me of Singapore and that Jesus is the One who carried me through the three years we lived there.
4. January 20th is National Cheese Lover's Day. Are you a lover of cheese? What's your favorite dish made with cheese? Last thing you ate that contained some kind of cheese?
Love cheese. The sharper the better. Or Blue Cheese. A couple of days ago I made Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti. Lots of sharp cheddar cheese, lots of yummy.
5. What's something guaranteed to make you roll your eyes?
Lots and lots of things. According to my parents' Christmas letter from the Christmas right before I turned 2, I was rolling my eyes. It's something I do so often that I think I sometimes I do it involuntarily. I do admit to closing my eyes at times so others can't see me roll my eyes.
6. Your favorite book series?
I have a couple: Mitford Series by Jan Karon and The Yada Yada series by Neta Jackson. I've read through them both a couple of times and will probably read through them again. Essentially, I like any book by those two authors.
7. Why did you choose your profession?
My degree was in Child Development. I chose that because I love little kids. I did a little substitute teaching when we were first married. Before we had our first baby, we decided for me to be a stay at home mom. I did that until I was fired when our youngest decided to grow up and go to college. Now I am a stay at home wife and don't ever intend to change that.
8. Insert your own random thought here.